Iubelo 2017 - 100% Sangiovese
Cantina Terramante is a jewel in the heart of Italy: it is a small, organic, family winery in the center of Umbria. Their focus is on small batch, high quality production in limited quantities.
- Grape variety: 100 % Sangiovese. Clonal selection Brunello, assale selection from the Montalcino zone along with DeMarchi clonal selection and BBS111, T-19 and VCR6.
- Vineyard soil: Sandy clay mixture with limestone formations over a deep layer of blue sandstone called “macigno di arenaria.”
- Vineyard exposure: Southwest with rows running North, South
- Vines type of training method: Single cordon
- Bottles produced: 2,000
- Vinification: Grapes are harvested manually during the cool night time, carefully selected and transported to the winery in small baskets. The bunches are carefully selected and fermented using natural yeast from the vineyard. After the fermentation is complete the grapes remain on their skins another three to four weeks in 1,500 ltr. Vats. Terramante winery is completely organic and does not add chemicals, nor fine their wine. They add a minimal amount of sulfites just before bottling (usually between 13 and 20 ppm or parts per million).
- Aging: The grapes are left to macerate on the skins for 24 to 30 days, and then softly pressed with a small bladder press. The wine is then aged for 24 months in neutral tonneau and barriques and an additional 6 months in the bottle before it is released.
- Not clarified
- Sulfites: 13ppm
- Alcohol: 13.5 % vol