Porcamiseria 2017 - 100% Sangiovese
Cantina Terramante is a jewel in the heart of Italy: it is a small, organic, family winery in the center of Umbria. Their focus is on small batch, high quality production in limited quantities.
- Grape variety: 100 % Sangiovese.
- Vineyard soil: Sandy clay mixture with limestone formations over a deep layer of blue sandstone called “macigno di arenaria.”
- Vineyard exposure: Southwest
- Vines type of training method: Single cordon
- Bottles produced: 2,000
- Vinification: Harvest, manual, careful selection of the bunches and spontaneous fermentation with its own yeasts. Long maceration on the skins in 15 hl vats. In the cellar we do not use any chemical product except for a very reduced use of sulfites.
- Aging: 12 months in tonneau and barriques, second and third passage, 3 months in bottle.
- Not clarified
- Sulfites: 13ppm
- Alcohol: 13.5 % vol